1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham
One of the nicest original low mileage Eldorado Broughams in superb condition on air with all vanities.
We have supplied hundreds of high resolution photos so you can get an excellent idea of the level of quality if this car.
If you are looking for an outstanding Eldorado Brougham for your collection you will be delighted with #123. I will be delighted to exchange emails with Brougham enthusiasts.
- 1957 Eldorado Brougham, Body # 123
- 18,021 mile unrestored automobile
- Original air suspension serviced and working perfectly.
- All vanities included
- Mechanically excellent.
- Runs, drives, brakes wonderfully.
- Perhaps one of the lowest mileage original Broughams in superb condition on air with all vanities.
- Original ladies lipstick, powder, cigarette case in correct light grey leather in unused mint condition with flannel outer case.
- Original six stainless/magnetic drinking cups in reproduction plastic case.
- Original plastic cigarette case with period pack of Fleetwood cigarettes
- Leather note pad in correct dark gray with correct sterling silver Cross mechanical pencil.
- Original beveled mirror with correct dark gray leather.
- Correct Lanvin Arpege perfume bottle and authentic original atomizer in Lanin box.
- Original owners manual.
- Original body plate intact and correct.
- Finished in the original Devaulle Gray paint with some touch-up paint work done in the early 60's. Extremely difficult to see.
- Paint was professionally color sanded and waxed to it's current high luster.
- Front and rear bumpers beautiful with only minor aging on small parts of undersides. Front "dagmar" rubber tips perfect.
- All exterior stainless steel and aluminum trim perfect.
- Stainless steel roof 99.99% perfect.
- All glass perfect except for some perimeter "bubbling" from ages.
- All window rubber PERFECT and uncracked.
- Exhaust is not routed through bumbers and appears to have been dealer modified with block-off plates
- "T-3" type NOS headlights.
- Front turn indicator lamp covers both uncracked and clear.
- Original light grey and dark gray leather throughout
- Replacement Mouton carpet correctly dyed to match original by Mastermind.
- All gauges and instruments operational
- All lights operational
- Headliner original and perfect
- Sunvisors original and perfect
- All plastic light bezels are un burned, unwarped and look great
- Some seams in seats have the thread broken due to age and my 6'-2" size.
- Armrests both perfect and showing expected color difference from non-exposure to any light.
- Padded dash was perfect in 2000 but with heat from sun exposure at two car shows has started to warp. Underlying foam has turned to dust in some local areas (you can tell by lightly pushing on the dash pad itself).
- Steeting wheel perfect and uncrackes
- All interior chrome and trim pieces are perfect
- Original AM radio works perfectly, including antenna control, speaker fader, etc.
- Correct original 365 cid V-8 with dual Carter WCFB carburators.
- Valves replaced and seats resurfaced with new springs and seals in 2003.
- Oil pan removed and all sludge cleaned in 2003.
- Internal vacuum pump inspected and cleaned in 2003
- Rebuilt water pump installed in 2002.
- Valve covers and air cleaner professionally repainted with proper gold paint.
- Original radiator serviced and reinstalled.
- All hoses (including windshield washer) and belts replaced.
- Rebuilt master cylinder installed.
- Original Hydr-Vac rebuilt.
- Automatic starter works perfectly every time. Internal microswitch cleaned, hydraulic dashpot oil replaced.
- Air conditioning checked for leaks and charged, works great.
- Windshield wiper moter and control cable cleaned.
- Engine ignition and carburation services.
- Automatic antenna system removed, cleaned, and reinstalled.
- Transmission filter replaced.
- Complete original operating air suspension in place and working perfectly.
- All air domes were internally modified to fix factory design flaws that lead to leaks. Internal circular steel diaphragm "seats" were lathe turned and welded to the air domes to create a "seat" for a positive compression seal for the air diaphragms. Air suspension has not leaked down in over 2 years.
- Leveling valves and main control valve rebuilt.
- Air tank inspected for internal rust..none found.
- Air compressor piston ring replaced, cylinder honed, pressure switch diaphragm resealed, internal compressor hear cleaned and Schrader valve replaced.
- Original copper air lines from rear leveling valves to main control valve have been replaced with modern synthetic lines.
- Note: Full set of spare air diaphrams included with car.
- Original Ohio delivery undercoating in place and in excellent condition.
- Present owner replaced exhaust system in 2003 with proper units, routing, and proper stainless wound covers over headpipes near front wheels.
- Upper rear axle housing location arm bushing replaced. Also added safety strap that prevents rear axle housing from descending too far and overstressing rear air suspension diaphragms. (In case the car is raised by a non-Brougham expert)
- Brake cylinders rebuilt in 2000. Original brake shoes noted in excellent condition.
- Original shock absorbers removed and replaced in 2000.
- Michelin radials installed on original chromed aluminium "Turbine" wheels in 2003 and front alignment performed. Tires selected for whitewall width to closely match original. I would not even consider putting original type tires in....radials give this car such a great ride!
- Fuel tank and electric in-tank fuel pump serviced/replaced in 1998.
- Undercarrage pressure/steam washed and detailed in fall 2004.
- Original U.S. Royal spare on original Turbine wheel in place.
- Original jack, jack plate, tires wedge, lug wrench and jacking instrungs: All properly stowed in upholstered storage area.
- Original trunk upholstery in excellent condition and properly in place.
- Optima battery mounted in battery box complete w/cover of proper color.
- Trunk light operational
- Automatic trunk raising and closing system completely operational. This include both the final pull-down latch and the trunk lid motor. Both key control and glove box controls work properly.
The following items are standard features on a 1957 Brougham and are operating perfectly unless noted
6-way power seat Turn signals Power door locks Power seat memory Brake lights Exterior & trunk key locks Power seat auto-move upon drivers door opening Auto rear door lockout when transmission in gear Automatic Trunk Auto high beam dimmer Interior Lights Trunk light Air conditioning Auto shifting prevention when rear doors open Door counterbalancing springs working on two doors Heating Odometer & Tripometer Air Suspension Defrosting Oil pressure, water temp, charing, fuel level gauges Emergency brake and one-touch foot release Rear seat heaters Air suspension pressure warning light Electric Windows, Vent Windows & switches AM radio Glove box light All four cigar lighters Automatic Antenna Clock - not working Day-Night interior mirror Front/reat speaker fader 4 note Horn
- A super resource for reading about the Eldorado Brougham can be located here: http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/Brg_chap.htm
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR ENLARGEMENT
All extra-large photos here : HTTP://www.eldoradobrougham.com/123/bigphotos
Original Owners Manual